SweeTango® apples are in season during some of the most festive occasions of the year! From Thanksgiving through the winter holidays and any other cozy gathering, SweeTango® can be a key ingredient for any seasonal spread. The following pairings come together in a snap and are sure to satisfy!
Handy tip: Dip sliced apples a 50/50 solution of lemon juice and water to prevent them from browning.
Prosciutto Wrapped SweeTango® Wedges
- 1 large SweeTango® apple, cored and sliced into 8 wedges
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced lengthwise to yield 8 strips
Wrap each SweeTango® wedge with a strip of prosciutto and arrange on a platter to serve.
SweeTango® Slices with Cheese
- 1 large SweeTango® apple, cored, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch flat slices
- 3 oz firm cheese, such as cheddar, gouda, pepper jack, or parmesan, thinly sliced to a size that fits atop the apple slices
Let SweeTango® apples play the role of ‘cracker’ in this simple pairing by placing the cheese slices atop the apple slices. Try several different combinations and see which you like the best. We like pairing SweeTango® with Face Rock Creamery’s Peppercorn Harvest Cheddar for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy!
SweeTango®-Topped Crostini with Goat Cheese and Hot Honey
- 1 small or medium SweeTango® apple, cored and sliced into small wedges
- 1 French Mini-Baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- Hot Honey (we like Mike’s Hot Honey)
Spread the goat cheese onto baguette slices and top each with one SweeTango® wedge. Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with hot honey.